Proper site preparation is crucial to ensuring an effective and safe pest control treatment. Prior to our arrival please review and complete the items listed below outlined below. Your cooperation is vital to the success of the treatment and is greatly appreciated.
Prior to Treatment
- Remove items from upper and lower cupboards – ie: pots, pans, food items.
- Remove items from drawers – eg: towels, and utensils.
- Clean and remove items from countertops
- Keep all items removed from cupboards, drawers and countertops in the kitchen area to avoid cockroaches from spreading to other areas of the residence.
Living Rooms, Bedrooms, Garage
- Move all furniture 30 cm (12 inches) away from walls to provide access to perimeter of these rooms.
- Remove all items from closet floors and shelves. Clothes on hangers do not have to be moved.
- Aquariums do not need to be removed but should be covered.
Exterior of Residence
- Move all patio furniture, planters and other objects 30 cm (12 inches) away from the exterior of the residence to provide access the outer walls.
Treatment will vary depending on the dwelling and severity of the infestation. A complete inspection of the inside and exterior of the house will occur to identify nesting locations. It is sometimes necessary to drill small holes in walls to access and treat nests. Products used to treat nests include liquid sprays, dust and bait stations. If bait stations are used it is very important not to move or tamper with them.
Your pest technician will schedule a follow up visit to evaluate the effectiveness of the intial treatment. At that time, additional treatment measures will be discussed if required.
Some of the products used to treat pests contain allergens such as peanuts and shellfish. Please speak to your pest control technician if you have any questions or concerns.
To ensure the treatment is successful please ensure the following:
- Ensure all food is stored carefully in sealed containers, keep floors and cupboards clean – mop up spills and food droppings.
- Avoid using other pest control products (sprays or powders) or cleaning products in close proximity to where bait has been placed or this will decrease its effectiveness.
- Kitchen items – ie: Pots, pans, utensils, food can be place back in cupboards after the treatment.
When Can You Return to Your Home?
Your pest technician will advise you on the specific timeframe required and when it is safe for your family and pets to return but the common recommendation is to leave the home for 4 hours.
Questions / Concerns
Prior to implementation our Pest Control Technicians will review all treatment strategies and will answer any questions you have about your specific pest issue.