Proper site preparation is crucial to ensuring an effective and safe pest control treatment. Prior to our arrival please review and complete the items listed below outlined below. Your cooperation is vital to the success of the treatment and is greatly appreciated.
Prior to Treatment
- Remove items from upper and lower cupboards – ie: pots, pans, food items.
- Remove items from drawers – eg: towels, and utensils.
- Clean and remove items from countertops
- Store all items outside immediate kitchen area to allow our technician access to kitchen cupboards.
- Remove all items from bathroom cabinets and drawers.
Treatment strategies will vary depending on the dwelling and severity of the infestation but typically our technicians will use a spray, dust or bait. The kitchen area and cupboards are typically the focus of most treatments. After treatment has occurred you may see increased pest activity for 24 – 48 hours as treatment products are designed to lure pests out of their harbourage areas. Citron Hygiene strives to minimize the use of pesticides and they are only used in specific locations for targeted species.
Some of the products used to treat pests contain allergens such as peanuts and shellfish. Please speak to your pest control technician if you have any questions or concerns.
To ensure the treatment is successful please ensure the following.
- Ensure all food is stored carefully in sealed containers, keep floors and cupboards clean – mop up spills and food droppings.
- Place loose shelf paper on shelving before placing kitchen items – ie: pots, pans, utensils, food back in cupboards after the treatment.
- Avoid using other pest control products (sprays or powders) or cleaning products in close proximity to where bait has been placed or this will decrease its effectiveness.
When Can You Return to Your Home?
Depending on the treatment method used and the severity of an infestation, you may need to vacate your home for several hours. Your pest technician will advise you on the specific timeframe required and when it is safe for your family and pets to return.
- Bait Treatment? In situations where only a bait is used it is not usually required for pets or humans to leave the residence during or after the treatment.
- Spray / Dust Treatment? In situations where a spray and /or dust is used, it is recommended that people and pets vacate the home for 4 HOURS unless advised otherwise by your pest technician.
Questions / Concerns
Prior to implementation our Pest Control Technicians will review all treatment strategies and will answer any questions you have about your specific pest issue.